July 8, 2012

My Happy Place - Peak's Island


After driving 4 hours and waiting 2 or 3 more hours for the car ferry I finally arrive at my happy place. As soon as I see this sign I turn my cell phone off and can feel the effects of being on Island time. I am calm, relaxed and giddy about the fact that I am not going to get a single phone call, e-mail, facebook message or text message for one whole week.  This is the one week a year that I unplug and it is well deserved after the last 6 months of work.

This year the crew included: Mom and Timmy, Mike and Dawn, Meg, Corey and Owen, Aaron and myself. I can honestly say that we didn't do a whole lot, a few walks and runs, a ton of eating, some drinking and mostly reading, sleeping and sun bathing.


To conclude such a fabulous week I decided to take on a challenge: 2 scoops of ice cream, which was really more like 4 scoops. 1/2 Maine Blueberry, 1/2 Deer Tracks. While I am disappointed to say I did not finish all the ice cream, I did eat the whole cone.



No comments:

Post a Comment