September 8, 2012

Almost Done Upholstering The Couch

Before
After!

Back of the couch - DONE!!

So today after I studied statistics forever I decided to take a break and finish upholstering the sides and the back of the couch. See above, I finished the second outside arm and then did the back. The outside arms were pretty easy to do, but the back was surprisingly difficult. The curves on the top, outside of the back were almost impossible. I improvised and decided that it didn't really matter if I got them exactly right because that part of the couch is against the wall anyway.  Another big landmark today, I have officially used 1000 staples in the reupholstery project, AND I'm not even done yet. I still have to put the cording on the bottom and put the gauze type stuff (which by the way is the official name) on the bottom. I think there is about 1 hour of work left to finish this project.

Right now this is what the couch looks like.


I'll keep you all posted with a final picture once I get up the motivation to complete the upholstery at long last! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment