October 21, 2012

I Love This Place


The Norwottuck Rail Trail is an 11 mile trail that goes from Northampton all the way to UMass. The trail has a bit of a bad reputation because the materials used to make it include an under layer of recycled glass. As time has gone on and the path has broken down some of the glass has started to work its way to the surface, resulting in more than a few flat bike tires. As soon as you get on this path you can actually see that it shimmers in the sunlight from all of the glass pieces. Despite the glass, I have ridden on the trial several times with no flat tire to report. The Norwottuck trial has more to offer than just the risk of a flat tire, about 2 miles from my house is this amazing bridge across the Connecticut River. The bridge goes from one side of the river, to an island in the middle of the river then to the other side.  I must say that there is something about running, biking or even walking across this bridge that appeals to my inner being. I love the vines and branches that offer partial shade, I love the the river, I love the peace and tranquility of this place.





No comments:

Post a Comment