October 13, 2012

The Foundry

So it's true, Northampton does have some good coffee places and the Foundry is one of them. Until now my coffee experiences here have been limited to Starbucks and Sam's Pizza and Cafe. Now, I will say that Starbucks offers the comfort of familiarity but I wouldn't call it good coffee. I'm pretty sure that the name Sam's Pizza and Cafe should tell you everything you need to know. The latte I had there was mediocre at best.

The second coffee hurdle that I had to surmount was the fact that I really only speak Starbuck-ese. I like my coffee sweet and creamy and every time I try to go to a "real" coffee house I end up ordering who knows what because I am too ashamed to ask what the difference between plain coffee and an americano is, not to mention the other 12 coffee variations listed.

Well my friends the good news is that if you don't speak coffee, the wonderful people at the Foundry would be more than happy to translate for you. I was greeted by two wonderful baristas who walked me through the difference between a latte and an americano and a dirty chai, etc etc. Not surprisingly I ended up getting a maple latte. It was sweet, frothy and delicious. The Foundry also has a great Burlington-esque vibe and for late night they have a pretty nice beer menu. Overall, the Foundry has been my favorite Northampton location yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment