August 3, 2012

Grilled Portobellos with Bruschetta


On Wednesday I tried this new recipe with Anna and we both agreed it was great. Emily also endorsed this recipe and she only got to eat leftovers!

Ingredients:
 - 4 portobello mushrooms
 - 2 medium red tomatoes
 - 2 medium yellow heirloom tomatoes
 - 2 cloves of garlic
 - 1/2 lb of fresh mozzarella
 - olive oil
 - around 1/2 cup of fresh basil

Preparation: 
- It is best to prepare the bruschetta mix first so the flavors have some time to combine. Mince two cloves of garlic and add to a medium sized bowl. Then add between 3 and 4 tablespoons of olive oil. The olive oil quickly picks up the garlic flavor.
- Chop all four tomatoes and the mozzarella into 1/2 inch cubes. (I am considering making this with grape or cherry tomatoes next time so the prep is a little easier.) Add to the garlic mixture.
- Chop the basil and add to the garlic tomato mixture
- Next remove the stems from the portobellos and scrape the gills out with a spoon. Either grill or cook in a frying pan for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Top the protobellos with a large scoop of the bruschetta mixture.

When I had finished eating my mushroom and bruschetta I had a lot of delicious juices left on my plate, I think this would be perfect to have with a baguette that has been toasted or grilled!

I hope your taste buds enjoy this as much as mine did.

No comments:

Post a Comment